23 January 2014

Who am I?

Who am I? 24601!

Hi friends, I'm Matt. I'm very passionate about anime and social justice. I'm not afraid to call people out on their BS and/or bigotry. I'm very stubborn. My blog will probably have a lot of references to media, like movies and anime. I can also speak 4 languages and really enjoy learning.

My biggest influences are people like my grandmother, Eileen Kushner, who, despite multiple learning disabilities and being told from a young age that she was stupid and would never amount to anything, went on to become a very successful businesswoman. She now speaks at schools about her story to inspire learning disabled children and their parents and teachers so the kids know that someone understands their struggles. It's very brave and admirable. I also admire Malcolm X, Malala, Michelle Obama, CeCe McDonald, and other strong, brave people.

I guess my goals in life are to be successful and keep my morals. I would like a job translating, but who knows where my degree will take me. Because the fact of the matter is, wealth and power change people into someone they're not. I don't want to become like that.

4 comments:

  1. That is great that you can stand up for what you truly believe in! Your role models are very inspirational as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendations, I'll look into them. I look forward to following your future posts.

    ReplyDelete